Monday 19 November 2012

Ryan's Travels

My names  Ryan Robinson, I am 7 years old and one sunny day I decided to take an adventure around my neighborhood.  I'm a shorter kid, and I have blonde hair.  There were 5 places I went to today.  These places I went to were the tool shed, the woods, visited Mrs. Remy unloading a truck, climbed a tree and walked on a fence then went to talk to Mr.  Remy while he was mowing his lawn.  Here's what happened.

The first spot I went to was my daddy's tool shed.  Its not that big, but its yellow with a blue roof.  Dad says that he has to duck to get into the shed, but not for me, I can fit right in!  I felt kind of scared to go in there, but that's what makes it exciting right?  The shed was full of tools like saws, hammers, screwdrivers, and there's this little table that I never understood what he used it for.  On my way into the shed I never noticed this tiny rake with a green head on it, kinda looked like a grass color green, anyway I tripper over it.  In the process of tripping I managed to knock over a shovel and every other tool in the shed decided to fall over, just like dominoes!  It made the loudest jumble of noises I've ever heard in my life, good thing I made it out of there with only a bruise on my knee.

I shortly decided after I destroyed pretty well everything in the shed that I should go to the woods, maybe dad wouldn't find me there if he was angry.  The woods was dark, really dark, even during the day time which made no sense to me.  Tall pine tree's surrounded me.  I didn't want to get my self lost in there, because that would be a racket, so I just stayed close enough to see the road.  I was just minding my own business when all of a sudden I see this hole in a tree.  I approached the hole and you'll never believe what I found in there.  I found two little dinky cars and four pieces of gum.  I didn't know if they were some other kids or not so I didn't touch the cars.  The gum on the other hand, well I'm sure the kid wouldn't mind sharing with me, I'm a pretty good lad.  I never noticed til later that there was a blue-ish purple colored house behind me, and in the window there was a kid.  I ran outta there as fast as I could screaming at the top of my lungs.

Mrs.  Remy was outside unloading a truck when she heard me screaming.  She kindly asked me what happened so I told her about my travel into the woods, I never told her about the shed because I didn't really think she'd be that interested in it.  Anyway I asked Mrs.  Remy what she was doing, she said that she ordered some new furniture and she had to unload it from the truck her self because the workers were on break and Mr.  Remy was doin' some yard work.  She has this little accent, not sure what kind it is but she pronounces words weird, I giggle to myself when I hear her say funny words.  I noticed some bubble wrap laying in the truck.  When Mrs.  Remy went in the house with furniture I executed my plan on the bubble wrap.  Mission "Go Get Bubble Wrap" was what I called it, and it must of been a successful name because my plan worked.  I escaped with some bubble wrap, although it didn't last very long, I can bust them pretty quick.  My mom calls me the Bubble Wrap Master because of how fast I can bust them.  I later on said my goodbye's to Mrs.  Remy and was on my way once again.

As I walked around Mrs.  Remy's front yard I noticed a ladder standing against the back of my daddy's shed.  Since I'm such an adventurous dare devil I decided to climb it, when I reached the top I realized that there wasn't anywhere else to go besides the yellow cement brick fence wall type thing.  The top of it looked wide enough to walk across, so I attempted it.  I then suddenly remembered that I wasn't very good with my balance.  This was not looking good for little Ryan.  I almost lost my balance with only a few more steps to go until I reached my next stop, the tree.  With regaining my balance I sprinted the rest of the way to the tree, and I just barely made it.  It wouldn't of have been so scary if I didn't pretend that there was lava at the bottom of the wall so if I fell I would die.  But I made it to the tree safe and sound.

I started my climb, the climb of a life time is what I decided to call it, cause lets face it, the tree was like twenty times my size.  It didn't have a lot of leaves which made the tree perfect for climbing.  On my way to the top of the tree I noticed a ruffling in a patch of leaves.  I approached my unknown enemy, pulled back the leaves and there sat a little brownish black squirrel with huge beady pitch black eyes.  He startelled me, almost lost my grip on the branch I was on, and if I had've fell at this height I would be a goner for sure.  But me and my new friend Thomas the squirrel were still safe on our branch.  Thomas wouldn't share any of his acorns with me so I picked my own.  Later I said my goodbye's to Thomas, gave him my acorns and started back down the tree.  Once again I was on my way.

I ended up in the back yard of Mr and Mrs.  Remy, which was the last spot I visited.  This was not where I intended to end up but half way down the tree my calculations must have messed up, cause here I was in their back yard.  So I decided I might as well make the most of it one way or another.  Mr.  Remy was still at his yard work, just like Mrs.  Remy had said earlier.  He must've been pretty tired cause he was working for a long time.  Mr.  Remy at the time was mowing his really big back yard with this little brand new shiny red push mower.  It was a pretty snazzy looking rig.  I went to go say hi, but I ended up on the side where the cut grass comes out, and when you're my size that's the last place you want to be.  A whirlwind of just freshly cut damp green grass stuck to my whole body.  This angered me so I left as fast as I could so I could get cleaned up.  What a day I had today in my neighborhood, I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment