Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Flight

One magnificent sunny morning, birds singing melodies and a great cool breeze. As I cooked my bacon and fried my eggs I knew I was going to have an excellent day. I packed my lunch which consisted of a delicious and fresh cheddar cheese, and newly bought lettuce. As I packed it into the crumpled brown paper bag I was set for the day.

I left for college in my gleaming spotless silver dodge challenger, getting stuck in traffic for what felt like endless hours. As I pulled into the gigantic brick college I realized I forgot my lucky old white socks. Maybe this wasn’t going to be a good day after all.

I met my tall, lanky, shaggy headed flight instructor. Today was the big day, I get to fly the C-GMFF plane. The toughest plane to fly, if I pass this I’ll be one step closer to being a pilot. As the instructor read the safety guide I filled with excitement. I slowly stepped into the plane, savoring and examining every inch, from the cockpit to the tail of the aircraft.

I sat down in the huge black leather chair and gazed at a gazillion different flashing and dull buttons. The rumble of the engines shook through my veins as I pulled off the ground. The roar of the engines and hum of the propeller sounded just like music to my ears. After finishing my mouth watering lunch there was only ten minutes left to what seemed to be the best joy ride ever. Suddenly an ear splitting bang, and the smell of smoke and burnt metal comes out of nowhere.

Everything was beeping, alarms were sounding and me and the plan were going down fast. My vision went pitch black, and then I felt the numbness creep up my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment