Tuesday 25 September 2012

Writing Invetory


 
I do not write in my spare time, I perfer gaming and playing sports in my spare time.  My favorite writer is S.E. Hinton, because my favorite books are writen by her.  I enjoy her writing because the stories keep me interested and once I start reading them I get so into them I read for hours.  The kind of writing that comes easiest to me is narrative, I find that it's easier for me to come up with my own story, then having to do descriptive or writing prompts.  The kind of writing I find difficult is long informative essays because I get confused on organizing and trying to fit enough information into the essay.

I get most of my ideas from taking small ideas and scenes from games, tv shows, and movies.  I don't have any writing pieces I'm working on at the moment.  I'm not sure what piece of writing I'd be espcially proud of, although there was a story I wrote in grade 6 and I was very pleased with it.  With school assignments i usually only do one draft, unless im instructed to do  more then one. 

I think my strogest points as a writer is my organization and word choice, because those two catagories is what i usually earn a alot of points on in my writing.  Although my weakest point would by far be the voice of the piece, I have difficulty making the story come alive and make it sound like you're in the story.  The first subject I would write about would be math, because that is my strongest subject.  My second choice would be science hands down because I enjoy science and it aswell is one of my stronger subjects.  My goals as a writer this semester would be to work on the voice, and reach atleast over an 85% in this course.



No comments:

Post a Comment